I've been creating web pages and sites for 10 years now. I've had experience with at least 12 web hosting providers in that time. I'm now with a great host, that I don't imagine I'll ever need to leave. If I'd had a decent checklist of considerations to go through before choosing a host, I could have saved myself a lot of wasted time and money. So I've put the following together for your benefit.
- What is my monthly budget?
- Do I need my own domain, or would a free service such as offered by Blogger suffice?
- How much space do I need?
- Less important: how much bandwidth will I use?
- What server technology will I use (ASP, PHP, .Net, MySQL, etc)?
- What uptime, security, support and backup guarantees does the host offer?
- How satisfied are current customers?
- How fast are the servers? Can I test a file transfer?
Once you've answered these questions, you can use this knowledge as your guide with the following link: Find a Web Hosting Provider Now!
This post is sponsored by PayPerPost.com