Getting text links on authoritative sites is a very effective way of promoting your own site, and the business in turn. It can also have long-term benefits to your search engine ranking.
Many online marketers pay big bucks for high quality links, on sites with high PR and/or lots of traffic. Generally the link is confirmed when the transaction takes place, but after that they are rarely checked again. This is simply because it's very hard to manage the re-validation of a large number of links, on a regular basis.
So I'm very happy to make this post, as there's a new link checking tool that completely solves this problem for link buyers and exchangers. It has the following features:
- Track an unlimited number of sites/pages (depending on your plan) on which you're advertising your site on via text links.
- Detect if your link has been removed.
- Detect 'nofollow' attributes placed within links.
- Determine the anchor text being used for your links.
- Check the PR of the target site or page.
- Track the seller's email and contact information for easy follow-up.
- Track your spending on each link.
- Obtain the full history of your links being tracked.
- Email alerts! No need to constantly monitor your links, the application will do that for you. You will be alerted whenever a link goes missing, a 'nofollow' attribute is detected, and more!
- Nightly or weekly checking, depending on your preference.
This will be an invaluable tool for those who are sponsoring text links or blog posts, and need to be able to verify backlinks. If the tool alerts you to only one bad link it pays for itself!